I can do all things through Christ
who strengthens me.


Phillipians 4:13

Tuesday, September 25, 2007

♥♥♥ Baby has a heartbeat ♥♥♥

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I went for my first OB appointment today and I am so relieved to hear the heart beat!!! I wasn't overly worried that there wouldn't be one, but it's so nice to hear it!! It sounded so strong and consistent!! And if I can remember correctly, it sounded slower than the other 2, which by old wives tales standards, that could mean it's a boy, LOL!!!! It was funny, when the OB first walked in she said "Weren't you guys just here?" cause it was only 1 1/2 years since we had Juliana! It seems like it was just yesterday we were sitting in that room and she told me she was going to induce me! Man, how the time flies!!! She booked an ultrasound for me for next Thursday, October 4th to check my due date. And it's awesome cause I'll be 16 weeks the next day and there is a chance they could see the sex of the baby at that time!!! So, if baby cooperates, we could know what we are having in 9 days!!!!! And it would be a wonderful anniversary present cause it's our 5th anniversary on October 5th, the next day!! I also have to go get some blood work done to check for Downs Syndrome and Spina Bifida (not that it matters, cause if our baby had anything wrong with it, I would still carry it to term, aborting it is no option!) and then I go for my next OB appointment on October 23rd. And at that appointment, she'll schedule another ultrasound for 20 weeks, so if baby doesn't cooperate next Thursday there is always that ultrasound. I can't believe how fast this pregnancy is going!! I am already 14 weeks, it seems like yesterday I was so excited to be 6 weeks!! I'm only 6 weeks away from being halfway!! So that's my exciting news for now, I know I haven't been posting much, but I haven't much to say. The girls and I are all sick with colds and of course I can't take anything so I'm not getting the best sleep at night. Hopefully it won't last too much longer.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I remember feeling exactly the same way -- it's just very reassuring to hear the baby and see that everything is going as it should. I always felt amazingly better after seeing the ultrasound! Enjoy! I sorta miss those times! D