I can do all things through Christ
who strengthens me.


Phillipians 4:13

Thursday, January 29, 2009

Update!

Well, the sleep is going ok. I ended up putting the playpen in the craft room downstairs and when he wakes up in the night, instead of going to the bottle like I used to, I just put him down there. Most nights, he goes down fine with no crying. The first night he slept from 8-3:30 and then went downstairs and slept until 6:40. The second night, from 8-4:20, then again until 8. So I thought that we maybe were going to get a break and he'd start sleeping through the night. Well, nope! He's not up like he used to be, but he's been waking up around 12-1 and won't go back to sleep in his crib. He screams! So I bring him downstairs and he goes right to sleep. Great, yes! But I would like to sleep with my husband in our bed, instead of in the recliner or on the couch. The only thing I can think is, maybe the kids room isn't as dark as he likes. There is a night light and lately Kayla has been having bad dreams so we leave the closet light on with the doors shut. Whereas the craft room only has a little night light in the hall and the door is almost shut. Tonight I might try to leave him down there with the monitor but that makes me nervous since we are upstairs. I don't really like the idea of leaving him down there, but we'll see how it goes.

I've been researching cakes and things to make for Zachary's and the girls birthdays and I came across a recipe for Marshmallow Fondant. I've always wanted to try fondant but never did cause I thought it would be hard. So I made some of the MM Fondant and baked a cake and tried it! It was awesome! So easy to make, tint and it is pretty yummy too! It took me about 1 1/2 hours to do this cake, which is nothing compared to the buttercream cakes I usually make that take 5-6 hours. What do you think? (I made it white, red and black cause I wanted to try tinting red and black since I need those for Zach's firetruck cake)

The Marshmallow Fondant just made
The cake iced with buttercream (to help the fondant stick)
The fondant rolled out
Draped over the cake
Now trimmed off (with a pizza cutter! So handy!)
Finished product!

No comments: