I can do all things through Christ
who strengthens me.


Phillipians 4:13

Saturday, April 21, 2007

So relaxed!

Well, we are back from our wonderful night at the hotel and it was amazing! I had won a free night at the Radisson in Windsor at a banquet last year and we finally used it! I am so relaxed! We had a busy day yesterday, lots of shopping! We went to The Running Factory and got me a new pair of running shoes! Yay!!! I got a really good deal! I'm really excited to wear them on Monday when I go running. Then we went to The Outback for supper (we change our minds a lot). I haven't wanted to go there for a while cause last time I went, I was a pickier eater and didn't really like their menu. But now that I've expanded my tastes, we thought why not. Boy, do I wish we would have gone there sooner! I got the Cyclone Chicken Pasta, yum!! It was penne in Alfredo sauce tossed with sliced grilled chicken, smoked ham, sun-dried tomatoes, fresh basil and garlic, topped with gouda, provolone and Parmesan cheeses. I couldn't even finish all of it, I was so stuffed! Then we went to the mall and did some shopping there too. We didn't end up going for a walk along the river cause by the time we were done shopping it was close to 9 so we just went back to the hotel and went for a quick swim. Then we went up to the hotel, showered and then crashed in the bed and watched a movie. Unfortunately the movie sucked (The Departed). I actually fell asleep for part of it cause I was so bored. I'm sorry if any of you have seen it and liked it, I just didn't. We didn't end up getting to sleep until after 1:00 but we did sleep in until 9:00. It was nice, we were on the 11th floor facing the river. We thought that because we had a voucher we might not get a nice room, but it was awesome! A king bed with the sleep number thing in it and we had a beautiful view. We slept with the curtains open so we had the lights from Detroit shining in all night, very cool! And look at the view we had when we woke up! Nice eh!


View of the Detroit sky line at night from our room

The view from our bed!!! Wow, eh!!
View of the Detroit sky line from our room

Then we went to Golden Griddle for breakfast (pancakes, yum!) and went home for 11:00. It was a very nice time away. We had tons of time while we were shopping and didn't feel rushed. It was nice to not have a real schedule to follow. But I missed my kids so it was nice to come home. I think we might try to do this again at least once a year. This is my first time away from the kids, other than when Juliana was born, but as we all know, that didn't count cause it certainly wasn't relaxing!! We really enjoyed ourselves.

2 comments:

Taunya said...

sounds like a great night away! we're going away next weekend for our anniversary, so we won't be at Oma's birthday either (Mel's sad that you're not going) and we are attending a homeschooling conference next saturday, since I am going to try schooling Caleb in September.

the view from the hotel looks amazing, we left the curtains open when we went to a hotel by the Falls too. It is nice to fall asleep to that kind of scenery.

Anonymous said...

I just finished reading all your posts and seeing your pics vavaroom!!!!!!!! you in that bikini WOW! You are doing so greta and thanks so much for your comments, I will totally take your advice and everyone elses, thanks again