I can do all things through Christ
who strengthens me.


Phillipians 4:13

Monday, April 2, 2007

What a wonderful weekend!!!

I'm so bad, I said I was going to post before the weekend and the week just got away from me! Thursday night Jeff and I went to Windsor to buy new pants for him and a new dress for me for the dedication and a wedding that is coming up in May. Then Friday night and all day Saturday I was gone to a conference for a few hours in Windsor. I wasn't sure what the topic was about because the only info we got was the name of if (Becoming Beautiful) but it was apparent once we were there for a little while what the idea behind it was -- not worrying so much about the beauty on the outside, more on God's love shining through us from the inside. There were some amazing speakers there that shared their testimony's, like one lady who was a proud atheist her whole life and was addicted to drugs and alcohol until she was 30 and she became a Christian and eventually helped her whole family become Christians too. She gave us an awesome verse that I thought was just beautiful: Those who look to him are radiant; their faces are never covered with shame. Psalm 34:5 There was also a hilarious Christian comedian there, my stomach hurt because I was laughing so hard! She is from Manhattan and worked near the Trade Center. She had tried her hand at being a stand up but she felt convicted of the topics she talked about so she stopped. Years went by and then she got about 5 calls from people asking for her to do it again, but with her clean act. She felt it was God's plan for her so she agreed. Normally, every morning at 8:50 she would be getting a coffee in the towers but because she was out of town doing her act, she wasn't there on September 11th. What a miracle, eh?

Then on Sunday we had Juliana's dedication! It went really well! I was very proud of both of the girls, they were so good in church. Juliana was so content up in the front of the church (I had a hand full of cookies, just in case! LOL!) and Kayla actually stayed in the sanctuary for the whole service. She was sitting with my mom, cuddling and when we took Jules to the nursery, she didn't want to leave! She stayed quiet as a mouse the whole time!!! Then we had a bunch of family over afterwards for gifts and lunch. Juliana got some really cute stuff! I thought I would post some pictures of the day. There are quite a few pictures! The last few are ones that Kayla took with my dad's camera. She is quite the little photographer!!!!

This is our family in the front of the church after the service. I can't believe it but this was the only shot with this camera and it turned out awesome!


Oma got the girls some bunny ears, aren't they too cute!!!

This is a cute outfit that Oma got Juliana. It says "Miss Purrrrfect", so true!!!


Kayla and Juliana got this Veggie Tales castle from Papa & Grammy (Jeff's parents). They both loved this so much that it has caused a few battles!!


This is the really cute frame that my parents got for Juliana. It says "Thank Heaven For Little Girls" and this is so fitting for Juliana and the blessing she is to us!


Here's a picture of all of us (well, almost everyone!) watching the video of Juliana's dedication that Papa (Jeff's dad) took. It was pretty cute, Juliana sneezed at the front of the church!!!


Here's the start of the pictures that Kayla took. I like this one cause the whole picture is blurry other than us! It's kinda cool to see things from her perspective!


I guess she found the punch bowl exciting! What a cutie!


Here's Papa (my dad) taking a picture of Kayla taking a picture!


When Kayla was going to take this picture she kept calling out "Nona, Nona, look over here!"

No comments: