I can do all things through Christ
who strengthens me.


Phillipians 4:13

Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Kayla's New Glasses!!

Sorry for all the weird things happening with the blog posts last time. I don't know what happened????

Anyways, I took Kayla to the eye doctors about a month ago because her right eye kept turning in if she was trying to focus. At first she just did once in a while and we thought it was because she was being silly, but then it got to be more often. So I took her in and he said that her vision was pretty bad (worse than mine even!) so he had me take her back a week later to perform some more tests just to see what prescription she needed. She was so good at the eye doctors, she wasn't scared at all (actually she was quite the talker!) and sat really still for the doctor. He even said she sits still better than some 11 year olds!! So we got a prescription for her and went and ordered her some glasses. They finally came in today so we went and picked them up. They are a bit big for her but they were the smallest frames in the store. She got used to them pretty quick, the only problem is her ear started to hurt towards the end of the day. I think we need to take them in and get readjusted.
She looks pretty cute in them! And I was amazed at how well she is took to them right away. I put them on her before we left the store and she has been wearing them since. When she first had them on it was like a light bulb was turned on, she could see so much better! She was looking all around at everything like she had never seen any of it before. And in the van, she read books the whole way home!!! I feel a lot better about her having them cause I know they improve her vision. It was pretty cute, she was looking up at the screen for the DVD player and said in awe "Look mommy, it's bigger!" Then she moved her glasses up and said "Smaller!" and kept doing it over and over. Then she looked at me and said the same thing!! Here's some pics of her in her glasses. There is still one pair coming in this week.



I just hope and pray that kids will be kinder to her than they were to me when I was a kid (I wore Coke bottle thick glasses with bi-focals in them for years). I guess only time will tell!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kayla is adorable glasses or not. I don't think she will be teased since there are many small children these days with glasses. Julianna is a little doll also. To bad you missed Oma's birthday we would have loved to see you all.
Aunt Henri and uncle Ben

Anonymous said...

Kayla looks great in her new glasses, I'm glad you took her in, all of you probably feel better about the whole situation. Bob gave me the address this is a great spot you have. Let's get together again soon. Say hi to the kids for me, that includes Jeff.....hahaha......talk to you soon.

Anna

Harold & Coby said...

Kayla looks just like you when you were little, mom had a tear in her eye. Cutie pie pictures.

Harold & Coby said...

she is so cute. Just like you when you were her age. CUTIE PIE

Paige said...

oy my gosh, she looks so cute!

Taunya said...

that is neat that she was seeing clearly right away. hopefully she will keep them on her face b/c they help. super cute pictures, and they do remind me of you as a kid. Don't worry about kids teasing her. you will be more offended by their comments than Kayla - they will just roll right off of her......kids are pretty resilient!