I can do all things through Christ
who strengthens me.


Phillipians 4:13

Monday, May 21, 2007

Lots of fun!

Well, we have now officially joined the ranks of the Loser Cruisers (ha ha, just kidding!) We signed the papers on Saturday for our van and we get it on Thursday! I'm actually very excited to get it and I never wanted a van! I always said that if we got one it had to look nice and this one does! It's red with tinted windows and has the DVD system in it. It will make life a lot easier, not only for vacation with more room but it will be so much easier to put the girls in. Right now I kind of have to hoist them up and throw them in their seats and then I have to bend over to do up their harnesses. This will save my back especially when I get pregnant again.

We went to St. Thomas for a few days last week. Jeff had a course in London so we went with him and we all stayed at my parents. It was lots of fun! I got to do lots of visiting with people and was busy most of the time. On Tuesday I took the girls to Pinafore Park with my sisters and their kids (minus the 2 oldest, they were in school) and my parents. Kayla and Juliana had so much fun, running all over and playing with their cousins. It seemed like Juliana grew up all of a sudden and became one of the big kids. I thought I would post some pictures of the morning.
Juliana petting the dinosaur

Kayla in mid jump on the trampoline thing.

Kayla by "Tedo"

Juliana playing peek through a hole at my sister.

The outside view! Too cute!!

Kayla, my neices Hannah & Laura on a swing! Big smiles!!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mandy; You should have snapped a few photos of the old folks having fun too. I know you had an enjoyable day with all the family.

jules said...

loving the VAN!!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Amanda
I just checked out your post because I read about you on my friend Dee's blog. You have lost a lot of weight. That must feel awesome! Congratulations. I just had to say a quick hello, because it looks like you live near where I grew up in Essex, Ontario. I went to University of Windsor and since my parents moved to London, I have not been out that way in a long time. The pictures of the Detroit River stirred up a lot of happy family memories. I have also started making my own cards. My sisters in law are so creative and got me started. Even though I'm not the most crafty person, it is something I am really enjoying. I just thought I'd say hi. Tanya

Household of Faith said...

Congrats on buying a mini van! Welcome to the world of owning a van. We have had one for close to 4 months or so and it is a wonderful thing. Handy to have more room for everything and your kids as well as for picking up large items. Also, to answer your question, Paul's volunteering with Southwold township. He has not gone to calls yet, but has been to 2 training sessions. He is keeping his options open and may want to go the route of fire in the future.

Anonymous said...

Awesome pictures of the cuties!! Seeing the deer picture reminded me that you will have to take them to Kayla's friend Joe (at Jack Miners). His doe just had a baby fawn that the girls would likely love to see. Keep up the great work on the blog, Mandy. Love you all.

Carolyn said...

Where'd you go?!!? Nice van though!! Even though I'm not a monivan type...they are SOO comfy to drive in!