I can do all things through Christ
who strengthens me.


Phillipians 4:13

Sunday, March 11, 2007

Happy 1st birthday to our little Juliana!!!!

I had a very busy but fun last couple of days. I spent most of the day on Friday decorating Juliana's cake (yum!) and then Jeff and I went shopping for her present, I know, bad parents leaving it until the last minute!


We had her open presents from us in the morning on Saturday since we were having people over for dinner later on. We bought her a life jacket, a few toys, Cinderella (which didn't come in time), a book, tons of clothes and some fake food for their Dora kitchen. We got Kayla a Belle doll (from Beauty & The Beast) cause she kept asking when it was her birthday and when I was going to make her a card or a cake. That way she didn't feel too left out, she's not quite at the age that she understands it all.

Jeff's parents and Grandma came over for dinner and then a bunch of other family members came over afterwards for cake and presents. Juliana got a really cute bathing suit from Jeff's brother and girlfriend. I had to post this picture of her prancing around in it! As soon as I put it on her, she just started strutting her stuff! Too cute! She also got a cute bike helmet that she wouldn't let us put on her! Every time we put it on her, she would just rip it off! I didn't get any good pics of it on her because of that but I'm sure when we start biking, I will! She also got some other toys that Kayla has claimed as hers too so there will be some power struggles I'm sure! It was Jeff's dad's birthday too so we had the 2 of them blow the candles out on the cake. He certainly got a good present last year!! Although maybe I'm just a little biased!!! LOL!!!!

It was a wonderful birthday for our littlest girl. It's hard to believe that it has been a whole year already since she blessed us with her presence! Those doctors certainly were wrong when they told me I had or soon would miscarry when I was 3 months pregnant. She proved them all wrong and God blessed us with such a wonderful, fun, smiley angel that has become such an important part in our family. She has such an awesome personality and her and Kayla get along so well. They are so different yet they love each other dearly. Jeff and I thank God everyday for the 2 angels that we have. We love them so much!!!!

1 comment:

Household of Faith said...

Happy 1st Birthday Juliana! Sure looks like you had lots of fun and received many nice gifts!