I can do all things through Christ
who strengthens me.


Phillipians 4:13

Friday, March 2, 2007

Potty training, ugh!

I went to Walmart the other day to buy Kayla some underwear that she picked out and some plastic pants to start the potty training! I am really getting tired of changing at least 13 diapers a day and paying out $39 every couple of weeks for diapers for her (on top of the $39 for Jules) so I thought it would be the right time to start. I started before Juliana was born but it didn't stick too well and she kinda gave up on it. I didn't push her too much cause we had a new baby in the house and that would just make it harder to do. I figured since it's her 3rd birthday at the end of April that I would aim for then. So, we get home and I put a pair of underwear on her with the plastic pants over top. She went for about 1/2 hour really well. I would ask her "Do you have to go potty?" "No". So lunch time rolls around and I put her in her booster seat to eat. I kept asking her if she had to go and she would say no. All of a sudden she goes "Mommy, I'm peeing!" Luckily those plastic pants kept it all in but I decided to put a diaper back on her. Then again later in the evening I tried the underwear again and she peed her pants again. She tells me after she goes pee that she has to go, so it's a little late to make it to the potty!!! At least she knows when she has gone, I just have to get it to be that she knows when she has to go!!!! I'm not too worried, as long as I have her potty trained before she goes to school!!!!!!!! If any of you have any pointers, they would be greatly appreciated!!!

Here's some more pictures of my crazy little chickies!

Kayla was pretending to be asleep before I took this picture and then once she saw the camera, she opened her eyes! This is something that she loves to do-- cuddle with daddy!


Juliana will climb up into this cradle and start rocking it back and forth. She looks really goofy while she's doing it but has a hoot!!!


This is one of the few times that Juliana will actually sit still for longer than 30 seconds! I got to read the whole book! (Mind you it is only 6 pages long!)


We're taking Juliana to the city tomorrow to get her 1st birthday pictures taken so I'll have some cute pictures to post soon!!! I can't believe she is going to be 1 in a week! I was thinking about it today, a year ago at this time I was ready to pop and wanting this kid out of me and to meet her, the one that gave me so much hassle throughout my pregnancy! And now look at her, such a spunky kid, I should have known!!!!

4 comments:

Household of Faith said...

I can't give you any tips, because I am struggling to get Seth to potty train. It's a hard thing to do, especially with your first child since it is new. I tried the training underpants and plastic pants, but he just doesn't seem to care either way. I am not going to rush with it, I'll wait until the baby comes and then work on it, once I have a routine with the baby.
All the best in trying and if you learn anything, pass it along to me!

Anonymous said...

Good luck with the potty training Mandy. It can be a challenge! I'm just about to start with Andrew. He just turned 2 in January. I bought him a really cute potty, but I haven't used it as of yet. He does tell me when he's poopy, so I figure that's a good start! I've heard boys are harder to train than girls. Time will tell I guess!

Anonymous said...

Love the pictures, Cuties. Good luck with the training, Mandy. You have the patience to do it and when you run out of it just look to Jeff as a shining example (LOL). Love you all.

Mel said...

AHHH! I sure don't envy you. I have no pointesr. Mia is trained but it took at least 1/2 a year for her to be fully trained. NO FUN! I can't say that any one thing worked-it was just a matter of time.