I can do all things through Christ
who strengthens me.


Phillipians 4:13

Monday, February 12, 2007

A Band-Aid and a sucker fixes everything!!!!

I'm in the process of getting rid of Kayla's afternoon nap. She has been so cranky this week. She whines at the drop of a hat and gets upset over anything. I know it will only be a few days of this but it's not fun! I thought it was time to do this because she would stay in her room playing for a while and wouldn't fall asleep until after 2. Then she would sleep until 3:30 or 4 (I would try to get her up but she would be a bear or she would fall asleep on the couch) and when we put her to bed at 9 she would stay up playing in bed until 10-10:30. Now that we've gotten rid of the nap, she falls asleep almost right away at night. It kinda sucks in a way cause those afternoon hours were mine. I didn't have to listen to a kid asking me questions, crying or anything like that. That was my time to eat lunch, exercise and get some stuff done that I can't get done while they are up. It's certainly an adjustment on my end too. I think if I need that quiet time I could just put Kayla in our bedroom and pop in a movie or something. I still eat lunch and exercise but while I'm doing those things, she comes up to me and asks me all kinds of questions. Oh well, what can you do!!

I swear, I don't know what it is but Jeff and I are not meant to have a night to ourselves!!!! All this week, if he wasn't working, he got a call. Last night we thought it would be the first night all week that we were able to spend the whole night together, nope!!! He got a call around 10ish. This week he's working lots too. He's only got 1 or 2 nights free. At least Valentine's is one of them! We aren't doing anything that night but Jeff is taking me out for dinner on Saturday after my get together with the Essex County girls. We'll probably just relax that night. That is unless he gets a call!!!

We didn't end up going to Bible study last night. I was feeling like crap, every square inch of my skin hurt to touch and every joint in my body ached. Plus Jeff didn't get home until after 5 so he wanted to stay home. I still made the food and then he dropped it off at a couples house that live near us. Plus we weren't in church and the whole topic this week was the sermon from the morning. Next week we'll be able to make it.

It's so funny, Kayla was sitting in her high chair last night and Juliana walks ups to her and rips her sock off. Kayla started freaking out so Juliana grabs the other one and pulls it off too!!! Right now while I'm typing this Kayla is sitting on my lap, and she pulled off her sock again!!!! Juliana just walks away and giggles and Kayla gets upset at her. Oh I can tell this is the beginning of that lovely sibling rivalry!!!

As I was sitting here typing Kayla dropped a toy she was holding onto. She hopped down off my lap and knocked her chin on the desk. There was a tiny little scrape so she had to have a band-aid. I couldn't resist taking a picture of it! And when I post a picture of one, I have to post a picture of the other cutie!




Anyways, I'm off to do some house work, have a great day everyone!!!

2 comments:

VillageCafe said...

Hiya Mandy -- Yeah, I know all about losing that "mommy time" in the afternoons. It sucked royally! LOL But, you soon find other ways to get in "mommy time", so hang in there. ;o)

<>< Jenn (your sis-in-law) ;o)

Taunya said...

wow, your girls look like opposites. they're both adorable, but not similar at all. I've never seen Juliana, but I just imagined her dark like Kayla. would be neat to see you all again if they do something for Oma's 80th! oh, and Tiana was born in April 04 and she refused to nap half a year ago for me. Caleb napped all afternoon until he was 4, so that really through me for a loop. I still make her stay in her room for an hour everyday, but it's more like playtime in bed.anyways, I am blabbing. I have to check out your cards blog now....