I can do all things through Christ
who strengthens me.


Phillipians 4:13

Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Fun times!

We had a fun weekend! We decided to leave Saturday morning to go to my parents instead of Friday night so we weren't so rushed when Jeff would get home from work. We turned Juliana's car seat forward facing for the trip since we figured it was only 2 weeks until she turned 1. We have a portable DVD player that Kayla would always watch so we got a 2nd monitor for it and put it in front of Jules, so they both sat there watching Care Bears on the way down. It looked so cute!!! Jeff took Kayla tobogganing in the afternoon when my nieces got there. I was really surprised that she was so brave. She even wanted to go down with my niece Emma who's 7. It was so cute to see the excitement in her face as she flew down the hill! I got some good pictures and some funny video too. We had the get together for my dad's and Juliana's birthday in the evening after supper. Juliana got a really cute deck chair from Christie & Joe and some cute outfits from my mom & dad, and Danielle & Anthony. She loved the cake too! She decided to plop her hand in it while we were singing to them!!!! And when Jeff was feeding her some later, she couldn't get enough!

We usually leave on Sunday morning around 10 to go home so we'll be home in time for lunch but the weather was not cooperating! We decided to go to church with my mom and see how the weather was going to be later. It was freezing rain so we didn't really want to take a chance with trying to get home. Around 3 we saw on the radar that the main part of the storm was gone over most of the 401 and was heading north so we decided to leave. It was pretty crappy for the first 1/2 hour or so and we even debated turning around but it got clear once we got closer to Chatham. I couldn't believe how many vehicles were in the ditch as we drove home. We made it home safe and sound and it only took about 20 minutes longer than usual. Kayla was so tired before we left that she fell asleep on Christie's lap in the rocking chair, it was so cute!

No comments: